Young Pipeliners Association of Canada is proud to announce a Paper Competition for the upcoming Rio Pipeline 2013 Conference & Exposition sponsored by ASME Pipeline Systems Division. Two competitions will be held between student and non-student paper submissions. Two lead authors (one per paper) will be sponsored to attend the Conference in September 24-26, 2013 in Rio with the attendance fees, hotel and flight costs covered.
In order to take part in the competition you should be a member of YPAC and satisfy the following criteria:
• Be under 35 years old, or have less than 10 years of experience in the industry,
• And be currently employed in the Canadian pipeline industry;
• Or, be a student who has a reasonable chance of being attracted to the pipeline industry.
To enroll, potential members can send an email to info@YPACanada.com
In order to participate in the Student Paper competition you should be a full-time student registered at an accredited college or university.
• Abstracts may be prepared on any of these themes. Lead author must be identified.
• A 150-200 word paper abstract must be submitted by July 8, 2013 via email to info@YPACanada.com. Please clearly state in the subject line: “Brazil Paper Competition Student” or “Brazil Paper Competition Non-Student”
• Attached ASME template provides authors assistance in preparing their papers.
• Tip: to strengthen the entry it is recommended to include a figure or two to indicate (a) that substantive work, if any, on the topic had already taken place and (b)the writer can combine text and figures in a meaningful way.
• By submitting an abstract you are committing to writing a full paper and presenting at the Conference.
Upon acceptance of the abstract it will be reviewed by a panel of independent reviewers from YPAC Advisory Board and ASME PSD Executive Committee. Panel will select two winning papers: one student and one non-student. Results will be announced by July 5, 2013.
The draft paper must be written in accordance with the ASME Publication Guidelines, and submitted by July 26, 2013 for review. The draft paper will be reviewed in accordance with ASME peer-review procedures. Comments from the reviewers will be forwarded to the lead author. Final paper must be submitted by August 2, 2013.
The winning authors will present their papers within poster sessions. Two spots are being held for YPAC Competition papers by the Conference. The authors should be prepared to sign an electronic copyright form provided by IBP.
Travel expenses including airfare, conference fees, and accommodation will be reimbursed by YPAC. Visa fees and meals are not reimbursable.
Authors should hold a passport valid 6 months beyond your expected departure date from Brazil, i.e. valid 6 months beyond September 27th, 2013 – this is a requirement. You should be familiar with visa application requirements and be prepared to submit relevant documents for processing.
For any questions please send an email to info@YPACanada.com indicating Brazil Paper Competition in the subject line.
Young Pipeliners Association of Canada & ASME Pipeline Systems Division