Get to know Katia Greco, YPAC Mentorship Programs, former UCalgary Chapter Co-Chair
- When you’re flying, are you all about the window seat or the aisle seat? When I am flying I must have the window seat because I am not a fan of airplanes and don’t like to move around a lot while they are in the air, it is also nice to be able to look out and see the view.
- Name one item you can’t travel without and why I cannot travel without my EpiPen. When going to new places, it is always interesting to try new foods, however, I am allergic to peanuts so when trying new foods I must carry my EpiPen at all times.
- Outside of YPAC, I’m passionate about… Building and collecting 3D puzzles (I have a total of 15 including all of New York and Hogwarts) and 3D Printing/upgrading my 3D printer.
- Why did you join YPAC? I joined YPAC while I was on an internship at TC Energy under the recommendation of one of the supervisors on my team. In getting familiar with YPACs mission I saw an area for growth with regards to students and in turn, started the UCalgary student chapter of YPAC. I wanted to ensure that students had access to affordable and convenient events to provide opportunities for networking and knowledge transfer regarding the pipeline industry before they can enter it.
- What new or rediscovered hobbies are you doing while practicing social distancing? Some rediscovered hobbies I have been practicing during social distancing are learning Italian as well as sewing.