Get to know Katie White, UAlberta Chapter Co-Chair
- Outside of YPAC, I’m passionate about… being outside and enjoying nature. I do a lot of snowboarding in the winter, and camping, hiking, and dirtbiking in the summer. I have a 1979 camper that I like to take out whenever I can! My favourite place to hike is Glacier National Park in Montana.
- Name one item you can’t travel without and why: I can’t travel without my water bottle! Hydration is important 🙂
- Why did you join YPAC? I joined YPAC because I am passionate about Canada’s energy industry and it seemed like a good way to get involved with people who actually work in the industries and learn from them. As a student, I think it is important to make connections and learn more than just what the classroom teaches you.
- What book have you drawn the most inspiration from? 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson. I enjoy his podcast series about the books as well.
- How do you think the Canadian pipeline industry will change during your career? As I will be just starting my career in the next few years, I will see a lot of changes in the Canadian pipeline industry. I think there will be a lot more discussion and discourse about pipelines, and hopefully the realization that we need them. The safety aspect and new technologies associated with pipelines will also be something I think will make a lot of progress in the near future.