Get to know Zaida Rojas, Organizational Success Chair
- Your tried and true coronavirus cabin-fever buster? Running around the neighborhood really helps me to boost a positive mindset! When the weather doesn’t cooperate, just a 30-min YouTube Workout that includes at least 10 min jumping rope (very beginner level though).
- Outside of YPAC, I’m passionate about… I’ve been volunteering for the Alberta Cancer Foundation by doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer because devoting a weekend to cycling through Alberta is one small way I can make a big difference for cancer patients with the ACF and throughout the province. The 2020 Ride was postponed until 2021 due to COVID-19, but I’m still fundraising so the foundation can use those funds immediately to support much-needed research, treatment and the care of patients & families who need our help more than ever.
- Best advice you’ve ever received? “Do not let anybody tell you what you can or can not do” All of us have the opportunity to grow internally, externally, mentally and physically, but it’s up to you and you have to decide what you want to do and move forward with that and not let anyone tell you what you can’t do it!
- Why did you join YPAC? Because joining YPAC is all about opportunities ! For networking and connecting with like-minded professionals that have opened the doors for great career opportunities like being member of IPC technical committee 2020 ( you never know who you might meet at the next event!). Also, I initially used to attend the technical series that brought me lots of insights about the pipeline industry, later I joined the CEC and it’s been full of professional development opportunities not only on the technical side, but soft skills.
- What new or rediscovered hobbies are you doing while practicing social distancing? I’m using a new app to learn piano!